The Student Support Center works with schools to develop effective school-wide positive discipline systems and supports. The Center realizes that negative student behaviors heavily impact the overall success of schools. The Center supports proactive approaches to discipline in which expected and more socially acceptable behaviors are directly taught and regularly practiced throughout the school.
The Student Support Center Will:
- Provide training to help schools establish effective school discipline teams
- Train staff to utilize effective student data tracking systems for office referrals
- Develop systems to collect, analyze, and prioritize discipline data
- Develop and implement a school-wide evidenced based action plan
- Train staff on teaching positive student behaviors and procedures for discouraging those behaviors.
- Implements formative data-based monitoring.
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
School Wide Information Systems
Strategies for Student Discipline