Parent Involvement Support for Schools
The Center works with schools to establish and sustain strong relationships with their parents, partners, and their communities.
The Center will:
- Conduct needs assessments/parent surveys to collect information that can be used to identify areas of need to improve parent involvement and participation in the school.
- Assist parent coordinators and administrators in a better understanding of the elements of the National Network of Partnership School model, a national model designed to assist schools in developing research-based partner programs
- Assist schools to develop effective parent involvement plans that are aligned with the NNPS keys and the goals of the school
- Provide technical assistance in developing parent/family handbooks
- Provide technical support and training to parents and school leaders in the Welcoming School Atmosphere program that consists of a series of walkthroughs looking at the schools’ physical environment, school-wide practices and policies, attitudes of staff members, and review of printed materials that are distributed by the school.